Thursday, September 29, 2011

Let it be, Let it be

**disclaimer - I don't know how to write this. I should probably wait. My brain is jumbled**  
In our day to day life we worry about so many useless mundane things. Things that if we took a step back we would realize don't matter at all. 

How is my hair
My clothes
Damn that person who cut me off!
Rush, Rush, Rush.
I'm late, I'm late, I'm late

I want, I want, I want. 
More stuff.
More things. 

Lets fight about religion 
Lets fight about debt
Lets fight about politics 

Lets waste our energy hating people based on 
Race, Sexuality and Religion
or lack there of.
Lie, cheat and steal from each other 
to get 'ahead'
I need, I need, I need
Money, Money, Money

The newest technology 
The biggest house
The nicest car

I'm right
You're wrong

Just stop
Breath
Breath
Breath

We spend so much time worrying about tomorrow
that we miss out on today

We spend so much time consumed with the 
maybe
what if
perhaps
sometime
someday

that we miss the moment we're in 
right now

Did you see it? 
or did you miss it again. 

Try again 
Stop
Close your eyes
Inhale
Exhale


'Just love to live and live life today
Don't spend too much of today on yesterday.'

Your hair is fine (or lack there of!)
Your cloths are doing their job of keeping you warm.
Maybe that person really needs to be somewhere
Take your time, it's in limited supply 
so enjoy ever last millisecond

You'll be happier without them.

Let it be, Let it be.

If Sally and Jen want to get married
What difference does that really make in your life?
What difference would it make? 
Let it be, Let it be

You will bleed and die just as quickly as the next guy.
So are you really ever ahead?

More things to break
More things to fix
More things to distract you from the moment you're living in.

It doesn't have to be one way or the other. 
Even what is true is not stagnant. 
Just because something is true today doesn't mean that it will still be true tomorrow 
so why worry about it?
 
Now
breath
breath breath


I'm sad tonight. 
My brother-in-law by proxy (my BIL brother) 
is in his final days. 
He's 36 years old. 
He is a teacher. 
He has brain cancer. 
For the second time. 
He's been fighting it 
this second time around
For almost a year now. 
And he's on his final stand. 

I sent him flowers. 
I've been told that's a bit depressing.
To send someone flowers before they die. 
I disagree. 
Flowers serve the living much better than they do the dead. 
I am also of the opinion 
that men don't get flowers nearly often enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment